Civil society organisations and democracy in EuropeAdvancing knowledge and recognition of civil society organisations' contribution to society and democracy in Europe
Associations et démocratie en Europe
Retrouvez le programme de l’événement en français
The French Institute for Civil Society Organisations is honoured to welcome Oleksandra Matviichuk, President of the Center for Civil Liberties of Ukraine, Nobel Peace Prize 2022, as a keynote speaker for this webinar.
In 2022, the French Institute for Civil Society Organisations launched, in partnership with the Maecenata Foundation, the Institute for Social Research, and the Mouvement associatif, a working group on Civil Society Organisations in Europe. This working group brought together 40 researchers and practitioners with mixed expertise from 16 European countries to shed light on CSOs in Europe, on their contribution to society and democracy, and on their needs.
This working group was tasked with detecting European CSOs knowledge needs, drawing a state of the art, and issuing recommendations for a European research agenda on CSOs.
We are thrilled to present the results of this working group and to think about advancing knwoledge on CSOs during a webinar that will be held on the 14th of April!
This webinar is open to researchers, to CSOs practitioners and to their stakeholders, who are interested in…
Discovering what CSOs need in regard of knowledge gaps and access to existing knowledge
Hearing different – academic, political, hands on – takes on these topics
Learning about key issues to reflect upon their practice, their advocacy strategy and their environment
A research and knowledge agenda on CSOs in Europe
Joining a research and knowledge network on CSOs in Europe
Presentation of a whitebook on the knowledge of CSOs in Europe
Launch of a digital library of over 650 scientific European references and presentation of the state of the art
A roundtable gathering academics, civic actors, philanthropists and a member of the European Parliament
- Oleksandra Matviichuk, President of the Center for Civil Liberties of Ukraine, Nobel Peace Prize 2022 (Ukraine)
- Sergey Lagodinsky, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/EFA) – Vice-Chair of the Legal Affairs Committee and Coordinator of the Greens/EFA Campaign « Defend Civil Society » (Germany)
- Anne-Charlotte Dommartin, Delegate for relations with civil society and partnerships at the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (France)
- Sophie Van Malleghem, Senior Coordinator King Baudouin Foundation (Belgium)
- Claire Thoury, President of Le Mouvement Associatif (France)
- Anna Domaradzka, Head of the Civil City Lab at the Institute for Social Studies, University of Warsaw, Member of the International Society for Third Sector Research Board of Directors (Poland)
- Siri Hummel, Director of the Institute Maecenata (Germany)
- Bernard Enjolras, Research director of the Institute for Social Research (Norway)
- Floriant Covelli, Managing Director at the French Institute for Civil Society Organisations (France)
Claire Breschard, Head of Research and International Relations at the French Institute for Civil Society Organisations
This webinar is co-organised by the French Institute for Civil Society Organisations, the Maecenata Foundation, the Institute for Social Research, and le Mouvement associatif.
This webinar is part of a project funded by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and by the European Commission (access the project card).
Institut français du Monde associatif
94 rue Servient 69003 Lyon